The Junior Advisory Council (JAC) of Humane Animal Rescue (HAR) is comprised of a diverse group of up to 21 young emerging leaders committed to advancing HAR’s mission to enhance the lives of companion animals and native wildlife. The JAC builds networks and awareness of HAR among young people, supports events, expands social media capabilities, and generates new ideas for events, publicity and activities.
Being a Member of the JAC has many benefits. You will have the opportunity to act as an Ambassador on behalf of the HAR, the largest animal welfare organization in Western Pennsylvania. You will gain team building and leadership experience working with other like-minded individuals on the JAC as well as dedicated staff and possibly HAR Board members.
Other benefits include:
- Gaining personal and business relationships with other members of the JAC.
- Having a role in the operation of one of the most successful nonprofits in the region.
- Developing skills to possibly serve on the HAR Board in the future.
- Willingness to commit at least 40 hours a year to the JAC and HAR activities.
- Attend 6 JAC meetings annually.
- Willingness to make a personal financial contribution to HAR.
- Willingness to leverage personal and professional networks for:
- Event planning and attendance
- Social media exposure
- General fundraising
Requirements to become a JAC member:
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 40, residing in the Pittsburgh region.
- Demonstrated passion for animals and the HAR mission and vision.
- Ability to network in the community, ask for contributions and engage people
- Demonstrated nonprofit experience with charitable events, fundraising or event coordination
- Recognition within professional, community or nonprofit field preferred
The JAC will be led by an HAR Board Member with staff support. The Nominating Committee is composed of current HAR Board and staff members who will oversee the selection process.
If you wish to develop your skills and to expand your personal and professional networks while being involved with an outstanding organization focused on animal care, apply by February 23, 2018. Selection will occur in April. If you have any questions regarding the JAC, contact John Oliverio (Board Member) at email@example.com.
To Apply – Please submit a resume and your answers to the below questions for review and consideration by the Nominating Committee.
Deadline: February 23, 2018